First Due Movers Helpful Tips
Packing and Moving Tips | May. 09, 2017
- Box all items and ensure that box tops are sealed properly. “If it fits in a box, it belongs in a box.”
- Label all boxes with the correct room and/or destination (i.e. storage unit or living room).
- Empty out and clear all furniture of debris unless you have arranged for First Due Movers packing services.
- Label any items that are not moving or are moving to a separate location. Your moving crew can assist with this, although it may add additional time to your move.
- Separate any personal items that you do not want to be packed or moved (i.e. keys, wallets, purses, medications, cable boxes, pet kennels).
- Remove personal vehicles from driveways to supply adequate space for our moving trucks.
- If parking is limited, try to reserve parking for our moving trucks. Tip: use a personal vehicle to hold a parking spot until the moving crew arrives.
- Discuss any access issues at the pick-up/drop-off location with your moving company (i.e. narrow, steep or sharply curved driveways, long walks, elevators, excessive stairs, etc.)
- Disconnect all electronics. If any equipment needs to be returned to their manufacturer, be sure to make prior arrangements (i.e. modems, cable boxes).
- Disconnect any water or gas lines leading to appliances that are being moved. First Due Movers is not permitted to disconnect or connect such supply lines.
- Be sure to separate paint, propane, gasoline and any other flammable or dangerous items as they cannot be included in the shipment. This includes draining fuel from any gasoline-powered items.
- Remove linens and bedding from your mattresses.
- If you own a Sleep Number bed, keep the remote handy, as it is required to re-inflate the mattress once it's moved.