First Due Movers is currently operating as an essential business during WA State's Stay-at-Home Order. First Due Movers is taking necessary steps to ensure the health and safety of our clients, staff, and community while we continue to serve our clients over the next couple of weeks.
IMPORTANT - If you have packing services scheduled with us between 3/26 and 4/9, we will unfortunately need to cancel or reschedule your pack job as it is not classified as an essential service. It is important that First Due Movers continues to operate responsibly during this time to ensure the health and well being of our community.
First Due Movers will NOT be offering the following services during the Stay-At-Home Order
- Starting 3/26 we will no longer be offering on-site estimates, however there are two alternatives to continue estimating and scheduling your moves.
- If your residence is a 2-bedroom or smaller, please visit https://firstduemovers.formstack.com/forms/customer_inventory to fill out our online inventory form. Please ensure that you use the utmost accuracy when filling out the form to ensure we can provide you an accurate estimate and schedule the appropriate resources. We can typically respond with an estimate within 24 hours.
- If your residence is larger than a 2-bedroom, we have the capabilities to use Skype, Facetime or other virtual meeting platforms to perform a virtual walkthrough of your home.
- First Due movers will NOT be offering packing services for the next two weeks based on the invasive nature of the process in combination with the failure for "packing" to classify as an essential service.
- Out of safety and respect for those at high-risk for contracting the Coronavirus, we will not be offering moving services out of OR into elderly communities where residents share common areas and/or hallways with other residents.
- Fireboxes will not be available during the Stay-At-Home order. As an alternative, we will deliver your brand new cardboard boxes at your convenience. If you are in the middle of a Firebox Rental, we will still honor the pick-up appointment to retrieve the Fireboxes.
- First Due Movers’ On-Demand Delivery services will not be available
First Due Movers has enacted additional precautions to ensure a safe and clean experience for all parties.
- We will provide a courtesy call the night before your scheduled services to verify that the members of your household are well, and to give you the peace of mind that our crew is also well.
- Our office, vehicles and equipment will be disinfected before and after each shift.
- Any member of our team who is feeling unwell will be directed to stay home until they may safely return to work.
- Each vehicle is equipped with hand sanitizer for your crew members to use as frequently as necessary.
- Aside from the Driver, and whenever feasible, each crew member will use their personal vehicle to transport themselves to the work site to ensure social distancing is practiced at all times.
- Our Clients will not be asked to sign our tablet or paperwork as usual, instead we will discuss the necessary paperwork from a distance and ask for your verbal consent to acknowledge on your behalf.
- Rather than shaking hands when our crew introduces themselves to you, they will instead greet you with a simple "hello".
- Our moving crews will be equipped with latex gloves to use as necessary. Please understand that moving can be difficult and there will likely be times when gloves cannot be used.
HERE IS WHAT WE ASK OF YOU:
- Please notify us immediately if you or a member of your household is feeling unwell. Any cancellation taken in precaution to the virus will not incur any cancellation or rescheduling fees.
- Please take the time to ensure your home is safe for our workers. A few things you can do to ensure so would include wiping down surfaces within your home using an antibacterial solution and maintaining a safe distance throughout the day.
- Ensure that all items are packed and consolidated into boxes prior to move day to prevent unnecessary contact with your items.
First Due Movers has and will continue to take proactive measures to do our part in keeping our community safe. As further information regarding COVID-19 is made available, we will update our clients as promptly as possible. If you have any questions, please call our office at 206-755-6053 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
~ The Team at First Due Movers